Friday, July 20, 2012

Fertility Update

Well, last month's treatments were a total fail. I went to the doctor on the Friday before our Florida trip and found out that I had 3 eggs but they were only 12-13 mm. They had to be 20 mm. So, we were prescribed a home ovulation kit so we could self monitor. I ovulated, but the doctor thinks it could have been a false positive. So, on to the next step.

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday. We are doing another round of Letrezole but stepping it up a bit. In addition to the Letrezole, I am taking a steroid and an injection of Menopur to "mature" my eggs. The injections are every night, starting on Sunday and given in my belly. I'm not looking forward to the side effects and I hope I do not have horrible mood swings. Plus, it's a good thing I am on this diet because I'm sure I would gain weight if I wasn't. So, for the next month I will be happy to maintain between the hormones and steroids. Brad had a panic attack when we found out the percentage for multiples increased to 25%. I was excited, but contained it because I knew Brad was freaking out. We go back for two ultrasounds, once on day 10 and another on day 12. If everything looks good, Brad administers the HCG shot into my bum to make me ovulate. Like every month, I hope this works. The doctor seems hopeful. Thank you for your continued prayers. We really appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment