Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reading Machine

With all of my extra time I have been reading a lot! I'll give you my thoughts on a few of the books I have read. :)

The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
This is our book club selection this month. The book was easy to read, but I would not want Amy Chua for my mom!! She is ridiculous! Crazy mom, I mean Tiger Mother is insane about her kids practicing music. So insane that they have to practice on vacation!! H to the No! The book was entertaining but it isn't one that I would say anyone HAS to read. I spent most of my time mad about the way she treated her kids.

Sarah's Key
I just read this book this week. I am fascinated by the Holocaust and love reading books about it. Morbid, I know. I have read several Holocaust books, but this one puts a personal touch on it. It takes a modern family and their lives somehow intertwine with a French Jewish girl that a prisoner during the Holocaust. If you enjoy reading morbid, yet hopeful books then you will enjoy this one. It's tough. It's sad. Yet, there is hope.

The Pioneer Woman
My friend Sarah let me borrow this book and I loved it!! I could totally see the movie playing in my head while I read it. Ree started the book as a blog (hmm....) and it developed into this great love story. It is the first book that I have started and finished in the same day in a long time! Read it!!

I won't give you a review of the following books, but I really enjoyed them if you are looking for a good book to read.

The Help
The Hunger Games (Trilogy)

No comments:

Post a Comment