Sunday, May 6, 2012

Relay for Life 2012

Relay for Life took place on Friday. Here is a picture of our SWV Superheroes! We had a great time at an unforgettable event. Here is the tshirt code: Purple= survivor, Blue= team captain (I have one of those also), Green= raised over $1,000, white= team. 


One of our fundraisers at Relay was selling beads and cookies. We made about $50 at the event. 


My favorite part of the night is the Luminaria ceremony. We start the ceremony in total darkness. As we go on, we light the luminaria, which gradually lights the track. We take a walk around the track in total silence as we remember those that have fought cancer. 


If you have never been to Relay, I encourage you to go. My goal is to stay the whole time... one of these years. I have made it until 11 the past two times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment