Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break Crafts

I feel like I didn't do much this spring break, which is exactly what I wanted. I did get some crafting in. 

I made this Easter centerpiece in ... 5 minutes. :) It's nothing major but adds a spring touch to our table. 


These shoes started out pink. Then, after a rainy day at car duty my jeans bled onto them and they were pink and blue. I tried dying them pink again but you could still see the blue. So, I went with my next option, purple! I love the way they turned out. 


I have been wanting to make one of these since I saw it on Pinterest. Brad thinks it is silly and said he will never write on it. But, I like it! 


My newest toy was a sewing machine. Nothing fancy. But, one I can teach myself how to sew on. I have a lot of friends having babies this year. After conversations with my friends with kids, they say that cloth diapers make the best burp cloths. But, they are so ugly. So I spruced them up with some ribbon. I figured this would be a good starter project. I bought fabric to make some pillows for my classroom, coasters and placemats. Hopefully those turn out. 


Spring Break started with a Friday night crop night. I went with my co-teacher. I made these cards for people who donate to my Relay for Life fundraiser. So, donate to my cause and I will send you a card! If you have already donated, I am hoping to get these out this week. :)


I have been dying to make one of these since I saw it on Pinterest. Brad and I thought it would be cool to mask off a heart. Too bad it is not centered. I still think it looks cool. It's not perfect but it's made by us. Brad helped because I got ADD and couldn't keep the heat gun in one place long enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment