Sunday, October 9, 2011

Think Pink!

First, check out the cute stamp I found! I love it! 


Okay, now on to our main topic... 
Why do you wear pink? Breast Cancer Awareness is something very near and dear to my heart. I think pink all year!! Both of my grandmother's are breast cancer survivors. I am so proud of them and the fight they won! Unfortunately, I could fill this page with cancer stories from our family. We have been hit hard. However, a most have survived and it is a blessing that I don't take for granted. 


My friend Amie has been battling cancer for over 3 years now. She is my age (30ish) and started with breast cancer years ago. She beat her breast cancer and it came back, this time in her liver. 4 years ago she was given 3 months to live. After some research studies with doctors at M.D. Anderson in Houston, Texas and a lot of prayer, Amie is still alive and kicking!! Her tumor count is down and has beat the odds! I am so proud of her. She could have given up, but she decided to keep on fighting! 


Finally, here is my tattoo. I designed it and waited a long time to get it. I couldn't decide where I wanted it. Then, I was scared of the pain. When I went to New Orleans for a Bachelorette party in May, I decided to go for it! I love it and the courageous women it reminds me of. 


I have added two things to my bucket list: 
1. Participate in Avon's one day walk in Houston
2. Participate in the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk

I will keep you posted on these adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment